Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It's Good To Be Alive

ITs GOod To BE ALive

It's late here; past midnight. As I sit here in the dark, except for the glow of the computer monitor, i watch my beautiful wife sleep. To be honest, it's bitter sweet. On the one hand I have everything a man could ask for: a loving wife, great kids who do well, a home and a few of life's enjoyable extras. On the other; I still have the unknown hanging over my head like specter, haunting me. I'm halfway in the hole and scared to fall all the way in, oftentimes paralyzing me.

But man it's good to be alive!

It wasn't too long ago I almost didn't make it with my heart condition. I'm still here and it's kind of hard for to take too many things for granted. I have in the past. Please don't make that mistake.Life is too short for you waste time chasing things that, in the scheme of things, don't really matter. How many great opportunities have you missed? What about the relationships you wished was better? How about the dream you hoped for but let fear hold you back? I know I'm sick of being afraid!

Life is like cool spring water being poured into your hand. All it's freshness has the nutrients to pour life into your soul, quench your thirst, cool your body and clean what's been dirtied. It also flows, just like life, and if you are not careful it will run through your fingers, carrying with it everything you desired from it.

There is a term in Latin: "carpe diem"; meaning, 'seize the day'. Don't let life pass you by! The things you can do today; don't put off until tomorrow. Give hugs and kisses when those whom you love are still around to receive it. Reach for your dreams and goals while you are still able to do so. You have nothing to lose but your fear. Let's lose our fears together.

It 'is good to be alive....but it's better to "LIVE" life!

No comments:

Post a Comment