Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Wise AS Serpents


WIse aS SErpents

Over the weekend I and the family bought Chinese food for dinner. The smell of fried rice and chicken always gets my senses going. I noticed they included a free scrolled calendar as a gift. I opened it and realized that 2013 is the "Year Of The Snake."

It was considered a good omen in ancient China to have a snake in your house because it meant that your family would not starve. Those who were born in the year of the snake are said to be intelligent, keen, cunning and wise. They are great mediators and good at doing business. One should look forward to good luck if the snake is your sign. 

I'm a realist and to a large extent, don't believe in luck, but I do believe if you are wise enough, you can make your own luck. Many consider snakes to be creepy, poisonous and dangerous. Even attributes derived from snakes to describe someone are usually negative; sneaky, untrustworthy, false with a  likelihood to trn on you or stab you in the back.

 

If the year of the snake is the year you were born under, I do not believe this describes you. I do however urge you to use any God give attributes to your advantage and good as long as it does not hurt you or another. 2013 is the year of the snake and like a snake, you must shed the old and bring forth the new. This is your year to prove who you are what you can do!

"Be wise as serpents and harmless as doves". - Matthew 10:16

No comments:

Post a Comment