Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Do Not Worry




Thought I'd share a page from my book, "Mail From God"



Do Not Worry

Dear Child:

You have many worries. I have known you from before you were born and have watched you grow. I know your personality and innermost fears. I know your dreams and hopes and all your deeds. (Revelation 2 & 3) You are My child. With life's troubles, you are easily shaken. Do not worry or be afraid, for I am JEHOVAH-ROHI; The Lord Your Shepherd (Psalm 23:1, John 10:11), and you are My sheep.

Do not be offended that I call you My sheep. You have much in common with sheep that you may recognize. Sheep are timed, fearful and easily panicked. They are not intelligent (as much as they think they are) and gullible; very vulnerable to fear, frustration, pest and hunger. Sheep are easily influenced by any shepherd, stampede easily and vulnerable to mob psychology. They have little or no means of self defense and can only run; they are easily killed by enemies. The shepherd is the most calming influence in their life; they are jealous and compete for dominance. Sheep constantly need fresh water, fresh pasture and have little discernment in choosing such food or water, not knowing the best source of water is early morning dew.

Sheep are perverse, stubborn and will insist on their own way; even eating poisonous plants or drinking dirty water. They are easily flipped on their back, unable to right themselves and will die of starvation if not turned over by the shepherd; they are helpless. They frequently look for easy places to rest and don't like to be sheared or cleaned. Sheep are creatures of habit and get into ruts and need constant care. They need to be "on the move" and need a pre-determined plan and pattern of grazing. Totally dependant on the shepherd for their every need, he uses a rod and staff to guide them. 1.

My child, like a shepherd tends to his sheep, I tend to My flock like a shepherd. I gather the lambs in My arms and carry them close to My heart and gently lead those that have young. I watch over the flock and remove the pest from their bodies. (Jeremiah 31:10)

I look after My scattered flock and rescue them from cloudy and dark places. I tend to them in rich pastures and grazing land, as I lie them down and make them still. I search for the lost and bring back the strays. I bind up the injured and strengthen the weak. I shepherd My flock with justice. (Ezekiel 34:12)

I am willing and able to all this and more for you. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving; present your request to Me. And My peace which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

Worry causes panic and fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end. (Proverbs 29:11) I remember when My people rebelled against My Spirit and rash words came from Moses' lips. (Psalm 106:33) It caused him to sin and cost him entry into the Promised Land. Do not let your worry lead to panic and rash behavior.

You ask, but you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives; that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. (James 4:3) Life is more than things! Possessions are fine, as long as they do not possess you. My word should guide your life, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. (Matthew 13:22) My precious word is instruction for all aspects of life, but it is choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures and they do not mature. (Luke 8:14)

I know you have need of clothes, food and money, but let Me provide for you on a daily basis. (Matthew 6:25-34) Jesus told you to pray each day to receive daily bread (Luke 11:3), Why? This is to humble you, causing you to hunger and feeding you with manna; to teach you that man does not live by bread alone but on every word that comes from My mouth. (Deuteronomy 8:3) The manna in the desert spoiled before morning to make the people look to Me for provision on a day by day basis. Learn this principle.

So ask, but ask according to My will. (Matthew 6:10) Ask and do not doubt. Doubt leads to worry. If you have faith and do not doubt, you can say to a mountain (problem or obstacle) "Go throw yourself into the sea," and it will be done. (Mark 11:23) Unlike Thomas, stop doubting and believe. (John 20:27)

So, consider it joy when you face trials of many kinds, because the testing of your faith produces perseverance to make you mature and complete, not lacking anything. If you lack wisdom, ask Me and I will give it to you generously. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from Me. Such as person is double-minded and unstable in all they do. (James 1:2-8)

When you fall into such storms of doubt, seek calm. My calm. The Spirit that was in Jesus is in you. He got up and rebuked the winds and waves and said "Quiet! Be Still." Then the wind died and it was completely calm. (Mark 4:39) Go do likewise. Be still and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)

Love God

No comments:

Post a Comment